Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A week. It took a week for me to get the little old lady's chart back with an approval to send records for the elder abuse investigation. This is insane. These records should have gone out as soon as we received the requests but they didn't due to bureaucracy of the clinic. If this little old lady has continued to suffer or dies because of this I hope they at least feel guilty. I know I have annoyed the hell out of all members of management for this chart all day, every day so I know I advocated for getting these records sent. I just wish I could have done more.

This is one of the many reasons I looked for a new job. Luckily I am leaving this one that frustrates me so much Thursday. My new job will be for a specialist clinic owned by the hospital. Better pay, better benefits, EMR to learn (where I am now is on paper charts) and all new drama but hopefully on a much smaller scale.

No comments: